Happy 126th Post!
Raine’s Dichotomy has reached it’s second big milestone: 126 posts!
*clap* *cheer* *hoop* *hollar*
Like I said last time, we’re going in 63s! Why? Because I can. I like the number 63. It’s fun and now no longer random! It has deep meaning here at Raine’s Dichotomy.
I was wondering what to write 63 posts later. I already write so flippin’ much on this blog. So I figured I’d give you an update on my plans and tell you how I feel about writing this thing that started out so small and demure and now takes up…a lot of time! Mwahaha!
1) I’m moving to Colorado! That’s pretty much the biggest news in my life. It’ll happen sometime in August after my trip to England which is at the end of June/July. Yes, I’m psycho. I’ve discovered that in my life, when it rains, it pours. During the period in England I will be taking a blog hiatus. You have been warned. While I’m moving I will also be taking a break, but not as long.
2) As you all know, I’ve really upped the ante on recapping. I decided to take on two airing dramas and I seriously didn’t know what I was in for. *Bows down to recapping gods* I plan to continue recapping a current drama at all times. But as soon Fashion King and Rooftop Prince end, I will NOT plan to do two at once. It’s insane. Not unless I enlist a guest blogger.
3) I will continue to do my “retrocaps” because I love having the time to really invest into writing a good recap and covering shows that were neglected in the past. These’ll come nice and slow, I’m not going to lie. But, does anyone have a request? I’m currently in the midst of How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor, Padam Padam and White Christmas. I won’t take on another ’til two of them have finished, but I really love doing them.
4) I want to get back into the other half of my dichotomy, “Ranting about Life”, which includes music stuff, rants, random musings. You’ve all noticed how I stick all of those things into my recaps and I really need to expand on that. Especially music. King 2 Hearts has inspired a Wagner post, which will be forthcoming. If you have any requests for explanations or thoughts on music, classical music in pop culture, cello, shoot a comment my way, or an e-mail.
5) Parksihoo4u.com has asked me to write an article about Park Shi-hoo in How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor so I will be doing that relatively soon and I’m stoked. We all know that I’m a bit of a fan of Shi-hoo oppa. It’s an earlier work of his so we can really see his growth from then until now. (The Princess’ Man is his most recent work.)
I never expected to run a blog or have it be such a major part of my life. I started last August and it’s just snowballed. It’s come as a shock to me, but I really love it. I meet awesome bloggers, commenters, get introduced to other blogs, shows, thoughts, ideas. It’s really a huge thing to devote yourself to a blog.
Recapping and analyzing K-drama has given me a skill set that I actually use for everything else. I can watch a movie now with a more critical eye. Same for books, American shows and even everyday happenings. I think that’s pretty wicked as I’ve always loved writing and that part of my brain has gotten sharper.
See?! Television doesn’t ALWAYS rot your brain…at least not when you write about it. HA MOM!
Collaborating with MadDino has been another sweet (bloody) joy of mine. We are so different that it makes the whole experience really fun. She even started collaborating with another buddy of ours, Sniffy, that’s how cool it is. We’ve created the “Madcap Recap” (thank Ginger for the name.). It’s a recap that tells you what happened, gives you a little bit of analysis, and a WHOLE of of digressing and personality quirks. It’s a lot of work and requires coordination. It’ll work better when we’re on the same side of the country.
Last but not least, here’s to my readers and my commenters. I am that sad little person who watches my stats. I can’t help it. And when I see my work is getting read, it inspires me to keep going, even when I’m tired or frustrated. What’s even better is when I get a comment. What’s EVEN better is to see people interacting in the comments section, discussing, teaching, squeeing, hating, loving, posing ideas and questions…fixing my spelling errors *SHAME*. I think that has been the coolest thing of starting the Fashion King recaps. People have been sharing fashion knowledge, links, articles and ideas with me and each other. It’s created a little community and I’m all happy thinking about it!
Thanks for helping me get through to this momentous point in my blogging career. 모두 감사합니다/Modu kamsahamnida/Thank you, everyone.
I will see you in another 63 posts! Here’s until post 189!